Surveyor Party Chiefs Needed in Rhode Island – Up to $5k Signing Bonus
Foster Survey Company
$40,000 - $80,000 /year
Foster Survey Company is accepting applicants for a full-time Survey Party Chiefs who are experienced, energetic and goal oriented. Join our team and grow your professional career. Signing Bonus up to $5,000 and paid training.
Candidates submitting resumes should enjoy team collaboration using leading edge surveying technology, including Robotics, GPS, UAV/Drones and Laser Scanning in support of boundary, topographic, subdivision, and construction stakeout surveys for our state, municipal, commercial and residential clients.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Working in a team environment, candidate responsibilities will include:
- Have a passion for land surveying;
- Have superior communication skills;
- Have excellent client management skills, focusing on client relations;
- Understand and adhere to project budget requirements, schedules;
- Must have mastery of boundary and ALTA surveys, construction staking, FEMA Elevation Certificate surveys and topographic surveys;
- Plan, organize, and lead field work as a 1 person or 2 person survey crew to achieve maximum project efficiency, and ability to work effectively with the team, and to train subordinate field personnel;
- Shall be able to work independently with minimal oversight;
- Must be proficient with the use of survey equipment, including GPS, Robotics Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors. Knowledge of Laser Scanners and UAVs/Drones is desirable, or willingness to learn these skills is a plus;
- Use field surveying methods, practices, techniques, legal and mathematical procedures for surveying;
- Apply knowledge of elementary principles and practices of surveying, engineering and land development projects;
- Ability to read and interpret legal descriptions, survey maps, engineering plans and construction documents;
- Ability to manage, upload and download project data;
- Be well versed in land records research;
- Perform mathematical survey computations
- Physical Conditions: Must be physically fit, able to walk over uneven surfaces, stand or sit for extended periods of time, some stooping, crawling, crouching, climbing, heavy lifting, hammering, carrying survey equipment and supplies, manual and physical dexterity.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Excellent communication, leadership and training skills and willingness to master and lead field and office methods in support of surveying projects are required. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of field surveying experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of survey experience required
- 2 years experience minimum as a Party Chief required
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Supplemental courses and education in surveying a plus
- LSIT Certificate preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Salary: $40,000 to $80,000 /year
EEO. Foster Survey Company does not sponsor Visas. Candidates must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.
Founded in 1993, Foster Survey Company is a professional land surveying company serving all of Rhode Island. Land surveying offerings include: boundary surveys; lot surveys; septic system design; ALTA surveys; GPS; subdivision design; soil evaluation testing; topographic mapping; wetlands applications; construction layout; FEMA flood certificates; FAA-2C certification; GIS; aerial mapping and control; cadastral surveying; land planning; cartographic mapping; and expert witness testimony.