Survey Instrument Operator needed in Alpharetta GA
Apply through website link below
Description & Details
Bowman Consulting has an opportunity for a Survey Instrument Operator to join our Alpharetta, GA survey team. This individual will be required to operate survey instruments required to perform surveys as directed by management. Bowman Consulting possesses a depth of surveying resources that is unparalleled in our industry. We recognize that timely, accurate and thorough surveying is critical to the success of a project – and we meet those challenges daily by employing the most advanced technology and instrumentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a survey crew performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys for public and private clients
- Set-up and operate modern survey equipment, including total-station, data-collector, data collection software, levels, and GPS
- Perform survey calculations
- Perform all aspects of stakeout and locations surveys using applicable survey equipment
- Maintain survey equipment used and keep survey truck stocked with necessary supplies and tools
- Coordinate work of assigned subordinate personnel
- Assist and train personnel in lower-level positions
- Make accuracy and calibration checks and adjustments on equipment used
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years’ experience working on a survey crew
- Familiar with field procedures for performing boundary, topographic, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys
- Ability to work outside in all seasons
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required
- Must be willing to travel
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting’s Engineers, Land Surveyors and Project Managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.