Survey Crew Chief needed in Wisconsin
Continental Mapping Consultants, Inc
apply through website
Sun Prairie, WI
The Survey Crew Chief (SCC) is responsible for leading one or more survey crews to accomplish field survey tasks as required by our clients. The SCC ensures proper care and use of GNSS receivers, total stations and other conventional survey equipment; the SCC may need to perform these duties as necessary. Additional responsibilities include office work, setting daily survey plans, and recording daily survey activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead and work with a one or more survey crews
- Ensure survey projects are completed on schedule
- Delegate work and set priorities, review completed jobs, and serve as the subject matter expert
- Work with Project Managers to coordinate project scheduling and resource allocation
- Identify equipment needs for current and upcoming projects. Manage equipment allocation to meet project schedules
- Obtain training for the operation of various survey instruments and required software
- Training of survey crewman on the operation and care of all survey vehicles and equipment
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
>>> Knowledge of:
- Boundary survey law and procedures, legal research and deed interpretation
- Downloading and computing field data, render opinions on boundary corner determination and construct boundary and easement descriptions
- Good survey practices and crew safety
- Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD, CNSS, CADD or Microstation software
- Operation of Trimble survey equipment including levels, total stations and GNSS
- Operation of small hand tools, power tools and small boats
Experience & education:
- Minimum three (3) years job related experience along with Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related geospatial science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in operating total stations, data collectors and survey grade GNSS equipment (Static and RTK)
Equal Opportunity Employer