Survey Crew Chief needed in Laramie, WY
This position is responsible working on one or more surveying projects as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will perform assigned surveying related duties as directed.
- Will work with the surveying group, engineering group, support services, and administrative group as directed.
- Works with the Coffey staff and clients in a way which will promote the goals of team work, client satisfaction, continual company improvement, and profitability.
- Will follow established company procedures.
- Will provide technical support as a member of project teams for other Project Managers.
- Will participate in field crews as a party chief or rodman, as directed by Project Manager or Surveying Services Manager.
- Work with Project Managers on the following:
- –Performs technical level work in preparation of reports, plans, drawings or other instruments of service that require the review and seal of a professional civil engineer.
- –Participate in specialized surveying related work based on needs and criteria established by review agencies, clients, government agencies, vendors, utilities, contractors, or other governing parties. These projects may be characterized by unique or complex circumstances.
- Participate in other departments as needed or directed.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Writing Ability – Must be capable of writing technical reports, legal descriptions, and proposals with minimal supervision
- Reasoning Abilities – The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to interpret an extensive array of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form that deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Comprehension/Expression – The ability to listen, to understand, and to communicate information and ideas through a variety of techniques and processes.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma. Experience at a similar firm, experience in the surveying industry, and/or any completed college level coursework in Surveying Technology is desirable.
- Experience with Trimble Business Center and Trimble Surveying equipment desired.
- AutoCAD experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, possibly for extended assignments.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.
- Must be capable of working out of town as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.