Survey Crew Chief needed in Kapolei, Hawaii
- Perform field work for land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary, location, A1 1A, and topography for various project types. Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations and conducted at the construction site. Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines and other characteristics of terrain.
- Organize field staking materials as necessary.
- Operate GPS, total stations and data collectors.
- Transfer files between data collections and internal company projects.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and coworkers.
- Adhere to company’s Safety, Management and Equipment Maintenance policies, physical requirements.
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments.
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distance. Must be able to operate a robotic total station and GPS in both static and RIK modes.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Email; aptitude to learn in-house systems; keyboarding skills sufficient to complete daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent math aptitude
- Ability to read and comprehend job specifications, blueprints, and technical information.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license and favorable traffic abstract.
- Ability to work independently and ensure completion of job in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication and documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be 21 years of age.
Note: The above reflects essential information to describe the characteristics of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed list of all job requirements, nor shall it in any way limit the right of management to assign work or direct the work force.