Sr. Field Survey Technician (aka Party Chief) needed in Cleveland, OH
First American Title Insurance Company
Responsible for measuring and mapping the Earth’s surface. Measure distances, directions, and angles between points on, above, and below the Earth’s surface. In the field, they select known survey reference points and determine the precise location of important features in the survey area using specialized equipment. Surveyors also research legal records, look for evidence of previous boundaries, and analyze data to determine the location of boundary lines
- Commonly referred to as the “Party Chief” in industry terms
- Supervise and train Field Survey Technicians in all aspects of land surveying.
- Taking and delivering quality field notes that will enable the drafter and Surveyor to be able to produce an accurate survey.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments, such as the theodolite, total station and GPS receiver, and compile notes, make sketches and enter data into computers.
- Act as the primary contact for all clients to get status, request quotes, and handle any issues that arise with any of our surveys.
- Schedule all field survey crew routes; ensure they have equipment, vehicle, job information, etc so they can perform their duties.
- Review and approve all field crew timesheets.
- Responsible to maintain BOTH databases we currently use, our INHOUSE database used by researchers, field crews, drafters and Surveyors, AND the client database used for deliver.
- Managing all aspects of the field survey departments. Also coordinate all the contract drafting for residential surveys, and coordinate with Licensed Surveyors to have jobs checked, approved, and delivered to client. This position reports to the VP of Field Operations.
- Job specific training and history of continued work in the same field.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.