Senior Surveying Technician needed in Maryland
Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associate
Annapolis Junction, MD
Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates, Inc. (HCEA) currently is seeking a Senior Land Surveying Technician to join our Surveying, Monitoring, and Instrumentation Group. Candidate must be competent setting up and performing deformation monitoring for support of excavation and adjacent construction as well as performing boundary, topographic, ALTA surveys, and construction stakeout.
Projects are primarily located in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. The position is based from our corporate headquarters in Annapolis Junction, Maryland; however the potential exists to work from other HCEA offices in the DC metro area.
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
- Candidate should able to operate Leica Robotic Total Stations & GPS and be familiar with Leica Captivate and Infinity software. Experience with Carlson office software a plus.
- Calibrate and care for: tribrachs, prism rods, total stations and all field equipment
- Able to solve problems, be organized, accountable
- Able to work independently
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on a survey field crew
- Two or four year surveying degree is preferred; CST or LSIT certification plus.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, disability, life, 401k with company match, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), generous paid time off and more.
Hillis-Carnes Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer