Senior Survey Party Chief needed in Charleston, SC
Bowman Consulting has an opportunity for a Senior Survey Party Chief to join our Charleston, SC survey team. This individual will be responsible for the oversight of survey field crew and related surveying responsibilities. Bowman Consulting possesses a depth of surveying resources that is unparalleled in our industry. We recognize that timely, accurate and thorough surveying is critical to the success of a project – and we meet those challenges daily by employing the most advanced technology and instrumentation. Our construction layout experience includes both large scale projects that demand significant resources, as well as crowded in-fill projects with extremely tight tolerances. In other cases, we conduct boundary surveys to support complex, rapidly-moving real estate transactions, and perform sophisticated three-dimensional modeling utilizing high definition laser scanning techniques.
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees
- Coordinate with contractors to provide survey services, as necessary
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey
- Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members
- Discuss work with clients, as necessary
- Make calculations and maintain records essential to survey
- Ensure that assigned survey truck is properly maintained
- Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment
- Respond appropriately to all employee performance issues of assigned survey field crew
- Communicate with management to maximize efforts and man-hours
- High school diploma or GED, Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Courses in mathematics and surveying
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience working on a land surveying party
- Prior Party Chief experience in the land development industry is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D preferred
- Thorough knowledge of residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices
- Familiar with field procedures for performing boundary and ALTA/ACSM land title surveys
- Ability to perform all aspects of data collected field fun topographic surveys, road frontage cross-section surveys and as-built surveys
- Thorough knowledge of total station, GPS and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies
- Ability to work outside in all seasons
- Must be willing to travel
- Valid driver’s license wth a clean driving record required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting’s engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.