Rodman Trainee needed in Jasper, AL
We are seeking a top notch individual to join our Corporate Engineering and Surveying teams in Jasper, Alabama, who is enthusiastic and willing to learn. You will work closely with the Surveying team, and under the supervision of the Party Chief, performing boundary surveys, surveying of existing and proposed mining and construction sites in central Alabama. Work will consist of, but not be limited to, learning surveying techniques, outside physical labor at mine and construction sites, stockpile mapping and management, aerial mapping using drone technology, etc.
Starting pay $13/hour.
- Education – High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Desire and ability to learn modern surveying and mapping techniques (e.g., G.P.S., Drone Flight and Mapping, Computer mapping, Total Station and Leveling techniques, etc.).
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facilities or job site.
- Must have the ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to ascend or descend slopes, traverse difficult terrain, and climb.
- Verbal or written communication is required, along with the desire to listen and learn.
- This work requires good visual and spacial acuity.
- Prior surveying experience is not required, but would be a bonus.
- Prior computer skills are not required, but would be a bonus.
- Maintaining and/or minor repair on fleet vehicles and surveying equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Drummond Company is a privately held natural resource, mining, and real estate development company with revenues exceeding $1 Billion. Drummond operates coal mines in Alabama and Colombia, South America and manages real-estate operations in Florida, California, and Alabama. We have a strong financial balance sheet and are growing rapidly in international scale.