Professional Surveyor needed in Rogers, AR
Crafton Tull & Assoc.
Apply through link below
Plans, organizes, and directs work of survey sections engaged in surveying earth’s surface to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, land division, titles, or other purposes by performing the following duties.
10-years’ experience in the region preferably in the State of Arkansas. Must be licensed in Arkansas extra consideration will be given if licensed in Missouri and Oklahoma also.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Prepares survey descriptions and “plat of survey” for assigned jobs.
- Determines methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control.
- Coordinates survey plans with client, project manager, civil authorities and crews to ensure all survey needs are met, client needs are met and crew/equipment is used efficiently.
- Ensures all projects are completed according to plan schedules, company policy and production standards.
- Prepares detailed dimensional survey, altitudinal and topographic plats such as those needed for highway plans, survey, topographic maps, streets, sewer and water control projects.
- Performs duties of Survey Party Chief when needed.
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates findings with Project Manager, engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with project.
- Signs and seals surveys performed under direct supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises 1-3 employees in the survey crew. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
Must be licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor in Arkansas and able to obtain licensure in other states if required.
Must possess a valid driver license and have a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.