Professional Land Surveyor needed in Wichita, KS
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC)
Apply through website
- Work directly with the Survey Division Manager and Team Lead to complete all types of land survey functions.
- Work environment will frequently be outdoors in hot and cold conditions.
- Daily Duties include: boundary surveys, section corner recovery, GLO surveys, topographic data acquisition, and engineering design surveys.
- Complete and maintain survey notes and folders as part of DOT deliverables
- Ability to frequently lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds, and ability to occasionally lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Professional Land Surveying License in the State of Kansas, additional State Licenses a plus; minimum of eight (8) years surveying experience or related training preferred.
- Possess above average mathematical knowledge, ability to operate a hand held calculator and tablet, and quickly learn multiple survey software platforms.
- Must have the ability to quickly solve daily survey related problems and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of use and care of hand held data collectors, surveying instruments and computers.
- Must have good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, along with good penmanship and writing skills and file management.
- Current / valid driver’s license.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to give direction and mentor both experienced and new hire survey technicians
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as deeds, legal descriptions, construction plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, equipment manuals and procedure manuals.