Professional Land Surveyor needed in Grand Rapids, MN
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH)
Apply through website or via fax
Grand Rapids, MN
We are looking for an individual to join our growing Survey group in our Grand Rapids, MN office and be a part of a team that provides excellent service to our clients.
This position is responsible for assisting Professional Engineers and our other Professional Land Surveyors on civil/site development and transportation related planning, design, and construction projects. Project types may include, but are not limited to, highway, street, airport, railroad, sewer, landfill, and site development. Specific responsibilities include managing and directing field crew activities, interacting with clients, conducting boundary research, organizing, and conducting field surveys including route and property surveys, preparation of right-of-way plats, ALTA Surveys, data reduction, calculations, and overseeing the preparation of topographic maps and site plans from survey information collected.
- Proficiency with Trimble Equipment and Software.
- Business development experience.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation.
- Bachelor Degree in Surveying or equivalent field.
- RLS Licensure within the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain license within six (6) months of employment.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of surveying experience.
- Strong working knowledge of modern survey methods, including use of total station and GPS equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation for occasional day trips.
- Ability to travel frequently for team meetings, client consultations, on-site inspections/visits, etc. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to operate, maneuver, and/or control the actions of survey equipment and tools.
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry, lift, or pull equipment and materials weighing up to 40 pounds over long distances.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is an employee-owned company comprised of more than 800 engineers, architects, planners, scientists and talented professionals who work to provide exceptional service and value to our public and private clients. SEH employee-owners solve our world’s complex challenges of renewing infrastructure, improving mobility, engineering clean water and designing better places all which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We’ve been in business for more than 90 years with evidence of our work in more than 40 states.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a covered veteran.