Professional Land Surveyor needed in Anchorage, Alaska
BELL is expanding survey operations in Anchorage, Alaska and is actively seeking a motivated individual to join our team. We are currently seeking a licensed and experienced Land Surveyor to fill a supervisory role. The Professional Land Surveyor will have responsible charge of all aspects of our surveying department including field personnel and technical staff. The successful candidate will be highly proficient with Trimble Business Center, AutoCad Civil 3D, Leica total stations, and Trimble GPS. We are looking for someone with +/- 10 years of progressive experience in surveying field work, office work, and project management, preferably in the Anchorage area, who can put together successful proposals and bids. The candidate should have strong written skills, with relevant experience in proposal writing and cost estimation. This means that the applicant should be able to both win survey work and complete/manage survey projects from field to finish.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent the company in a positive and enthusiastic way
- Responsible for safe working practices
- Manage and prepare documents for all land surveying commercial and residential developments
- Oversee timely document and design submittals
- Address any issues involving scope, schedule, and budget as they arise
- Prepare cost estimates and write proposal documents
- Actively pursue work opportunities within the community
- The selected candidate must be able to pass background and drug tests, and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Licensed Land Surveyor in the State of Alaska
- 10 years’ experience in Land Surveying
- Operation and understanding of GPS and robotic survey equipment
- Strong electronic design skills, Civil3D preferred.
- Highly proficient with Trimble GPS and Leica Total Stations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Able to work independently of direct supervision
- Work well in a team
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, and able to provide effective-solutions during challenges and conflict
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Strong electronic design skills, Civil3D preferred
- Active involvement in organizations related to the profession or consulting industry is a plus
- This position requires the candidate to display a high aptitude for learning and retaining new knowledge
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Medical coverage
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401K match
- Life insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- And other performance driven incentives.
BELL and Associates is an employee-owned consulting firm operating in Alaska since 1974. Our team of professional engineers and surveyors serves as both prime and sub consultants on projects in Alaska and abroad, including federal, state and local governments, commercial, industrial, private, and oil and gas.
During peak season, we maintain a staff of more than 60 engineers, surveyors, technicians and support personnel to provide utility engineering, transportation engineering, land-use planning and development, oil-field site-facilities engineering, land and construction surveying and 3D-laser scanning.
Our main office is in Anchorage, and we also have an office on the North Slope of Alaska in Prudhoe Bay. Our 30-year presence on the Slope has given us the opportunity to be a part of Alaska’s explorations and developing a rich economy.
Our familiarity with remote sites is one of the contributing factors of our sterling safety record. We take safety seriously, especially given Alaska’s extreme conditions. We have not had a lost-time accident in over 20 years, nor have we had a recordable accident since 2005. Having a great safety record has also made BELL a great place to work!