LSIT – Land Surveyor in Training position available in Williston, ND
Ulteig is seeking talented and motivated candidates for an experienced Land Surveyor in Training position in our Williston, ND office.
The primary responsibility as a Land Surveyor in training will be to Work in collaboration with the Professional Land Surveyor to oversee various aspects of assigned project work from inception to completion. These tasks may include but are not limited to; coordinating and assisting survey field crews, preparation of the work product deliverables that will be issued to various clients, and verifying that they are complete to the standards of practice for land surveying, and within budgetary and time constraints. The position will require management and coordination of numerous internal and external survey projects and interaction with clients on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Survey Technology or related field
- 5+ years of progressive survey experience in the field and office environment
- LSI/LSIT certificate
- Proficiency with survey field data collectors, robotic and manual total stations and GPS units (IE Trimble, Topcon, Leica) field data processing software (Trimble Business Center, Topcon Business Center)
- Knowledge of survey field measurement equipment use – Chains, tapes, Level & rod
- Proficiency with Survey CADD software (Autocadd, Carlson)
- Knowledge of Public Land Survey System principles, section subdivision, Platting, easement deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 50%+
- The ability to instruct/coach survey staff and crew members on project approach and execution
- Safety certifications (OSHA 10, First Aid /CPR)
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the U.S
- This position is 50/50 office/field based and requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work outdoors in changing weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s license
Why work for Ulteig?
At Ulteig, clients depend on us to deliver comprehensive engineering and technical services that strengthen infrastructure vital to everyday life.
We offer our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% employee owned
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be widely regarded as the partner of choice for technical solutions in our targeted Lifeline Sectors®. We give you the opportunity to grow in your profession as you work on projects that expand infrastructure, build safer roadways and expand the power grid. Those are just a few of the ways the staff at Ulteig makes a difference every day.
If this sounds like the type of company you want to be a part of apply today!
Ulteig provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability and any other legally protected status. Drug Free Workplace.