Land Surveyor needed in Phoenix, AZ
The Land Surveyor conducts land surveying and manages all phases of land surveying projects, and may be assigned one or more of the following; CAD support, web management, equipment tracking and maintenance, and construction standards development and maintenance. This position will be office based and does not perform field work.
• Manages all phases of mapping and boundary survey projects assigned.
o Researches and/or assigns the research of survey plats and records in order make boundary, alignment and easement determinations.
o Determines property lines and road alignments by applying appropriate boundary law.
o Manages mapping projects by obtaining and reducing topographic survey data to verify that it complies with the requested project scope.
o Processes and/or reviews the process of GPS and conventional survey data files.
o Develops/reviews base map production which includes boundary and topography (location) files for assigned projects.
o Develops/reviews survey plats for exhibits and/or recordation that conform to state statutes that determine property boundaries.
o Writes/reviews legal descriptions necessary to meet statutory requirements.
o Prepares Requests For Proposals (RFPs) as needed.
o Reviews On-Call consultants cost proposals.
• Manages the land surveying activities of assigned construction projects.
o Reviews and comments on preliminary construction plans for any areas that may lack sufficient information for construction staking, non-conformity with standards and any other issues that may provide insufficient information to construction projects.
o Prepares/reviews data files and plots for use in construction staking as needed.
o Calculates and/or manages the calculation of earthwork quantities to support contract construction activities.
• If registered as a land surveyor, stamps and signs any records of projects that were assigned to manage.
• Other land survey related tasks as assigned.
• Micro station/Inroads and Trimble Business Center (TBC).
• All phases for the development of construction projects including fieldwork, all map preparations from plans, specifications, codes, standard drawings and as-builts.
• Land surveying equipment and survey terminologies.
• Personal computers and software programs including CAD, GIS and GPS programs.
• Legal descriptions and terminologies.
• U.S. Public Land Survey Systems.
• State statutes and the Bureau of Technical Registration’s land survey minimum standards to produce Results of Survey documents. Skill in:
• Understanding record documents, survey data and applying appropriate survey principles, then clearly documenting the results.
• Effective communication, both verbal and written.
• Processing GPS data.
• Analytical and decision making.
• Using detail and clarity with regard to legal description writing.
• Work with others, from upper management to field personnel, to reach a team goal.
• Lead survey activities in all phases for the development of construction projects (excluding fieldwork), all map preparations from plans, specifications, codes, standard drawings and as-builts.
• Research Maricopa County Recorder’s documents, historical surveys, engineering and right-of-way data, perform calculations and report preparation. Registration as a Land Surveyor (RLS) in the state of Arizona OR by the technical board of another state in good stating. REQUIRED
Experience Required two (2) years of experience in land surveying to include one (1) year of experience utilizing Microstation/Inroads and Trimble Business Center (TBC). Additional work related experience may be considered in substitution for the minimum education requirement on a year for year basis. Registration as a Land Surveyor (RLS) in the state of Arizona OR by the technical board of another state in good stating. REQUIRED
Education Required Associate in Science degree in Engineering and two (2) years of experience in land surveying to include one (1) year of experience utilizing Micro station/Inroads and Trimble Business Center (TBC). Additional work related experience may be considered in substitution for the minimum education requirement on a year for year basis. Registration as a Land Surveyor (RLS) in the state of Arizona OR by the technical board of another state in good stating. REQUIRED
Education Preferred Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS)
Additional Information Working Environment:
• A majority of the work environment would be sitting at computer terminal at a desk.
• Walking to meetings, printers and other functions would be required.
• The position could either be a cubical walled office (with or without a door) or a hard walled office that may or may not have windows.
• On occasion a deadline may arise requiring the need for overtime hours.
• Must have manual dexterity of hands and body to operate personal computer, office equipment, vehicle, and field equipment. • Frequent walking to and from printers and meetings.
• May be required to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds over extend periods with breaks. Registration as a Land Surveyor (RLS) in the state of Arizona OR by the technical board of another state in good stating. REQUIRED
Location- Phoenix, AZ
Duration- 6 months