Land Surveyor needed in Bloomington, IL
Apply through link below
This is a full time land surveying position performing field and office duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, ALTA/ASCM land title, construction staking, and lot surveys. This is a professional path position that provides the opportunity to earn a Professional Surveying License.
This position is available at our Bloomington Office. Shive-Hattery fosters a team oriented atmosphere, and emphasizes unparalleled client services. We offer the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, and building projects.
Minimum two years’ experience as a licensed Surveyor In Training (SIT) required, with the goal of obtaining licensure as both an Illinois and Indiana Professional Land Surveyor (PLS). Already having these licenses is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in land surveying or a related discipline.
- Willingness to travel on occasion required.
- Proficiency in the Trimble family of surveying equipment preferred.
- Familiarity with Civil 3D software preferred.
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of a project.
- Ability to interpret construction plans.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also be willing to work independently.
- Follows prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying.
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing and able to operate company owned vehicles.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
The people who practice here love the responsibility they have to do what they’re passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You’ll be able to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning. If you are ready to take a step towards your future, we want to talk to you.