Land Surveyor/ Assistant Survey Manager needed in Chattanooga
Barge Design Solutions
apply through website link below
What We’re Looking For
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking to fill the position of Land Surveyor/Assistant Survey Manager in the Land Resources business unit in Chattanooga, TN.
This position reports to the Survey Manager and assists in leading field efforts, briefing and debriefing field crews, retracing or surveying property boundaries, processing field notes and data, writing reports, and preparing final surveys.
- Supports the survey manager as directed
- Assumes responsibility of a field crew supervisor or senior crew chief, as needed
- Performs field work leading and assisting field crews where required
- Prepares moderately complex survey deliverables while working on multiple projects
- Reduces, compiles, adjusts field data
- Trains/mentors other survey personnel
- Assists with pricing, scheduling, and estimating for projects
- Works closely with clients and Project Managers
- Attends client meeting and regulatory agency meetings
- Operates and maintains survey instruments
- Processes data from manual or electronic field books
- Prepares transportation design database surveys
- Prepares and maintains CADD base drawings
- Conducts deed and other project research
- Retraces or surveys boundary lines
- Reviews and stamps drawings
- Performs field calculations
- Performs calculations for construction stakeout
- Provides quality assurance by reviewing field data, reports, and maps
- Conducts site visits for QA/QC
- 2- or 4-year degree in Surveying, Engineering Technology, or related field preferred
- Registered Land Surveyor license (TN or GA) preferred, or LSIT with intentions of gaining a Registered Land Surveyor license soon.
- 4-years of experience minimum
- Experience with Civil 3D, MicroStation Geopak, and Inroads preferred
- Experience with Georgia DOT database preparation a plus
- Ability to read and interpret plats, deeds, easements and plans
- Knowledge of surveying practices and procedures (field & office)
- 3D Laser scanning familiarity is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work varying schedules
- Ability to travel and lodge
Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.