Land Surveying and Laser Scanning Project Manager needed in NYC
New York, NY
This position requires overseeing all aspects of building documentation from field data collection to developing point cloud deliverables.
Responsibilities include overseeing quality and precision of processing of point clouds collected by 3D laser scanners and Total Station.
Projects will consist of commercial buildings and private residences throughout New York City and the surrounding area.
Ensure client deliverables meet specifications and are completed to the highest level of detail and accuracy according to company-defined quality standards.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage performance of on-site 3D Laser Scanning and Total Station team.
- Manage processing of scanning data and registration with various softwares.
- Travel frequently to client sites.
- Communicate on a daily basis with drafters and owner about project activities.
- Responsible for successful completion of project and all details from project initiation to delivering final product.
- Develop, refine and manage a QA/QC internal process that ensures successful project execution.
- Build a team to execute all projects accurately and smoothly.
- Manage relationships with our customers to gain a sufficient understanding of the project scope of work and details.
- Work as a reliable team player with your managerial counterparts to successfully execute BIM projects on time and under budget.
- Must have strong technical background.
- Professional communication skills to manage relationships effectively with team members, owner, and customers.
- Effective planning skills to always be several steps ahead in project management process.
- Takes initiative and seeks out opportunities for improvement and innovation for team and company.
- 5-10 years field and project management experience in a surveying, engineering, or technical “hands-on” role.
- AAS or BS in Engineering or Land Surveying, Construction Mgt, Architecture, Design & Drafting or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including Auto CAD and/or Revit, and MS Office Suite
- 3D Laser Scanning and Total Station experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Physical requirements may include, but are not limited to, lifting (10 – 25 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, and walking to complete frequent field duties outlined in this job description.
- Ability to work under various field conditions at client sites is required.