Land Survey Technician needed in Glasgow, KY
American Engineers Inc. (AEI)
Apply through link below
AEI is looking for an entry to mid-level candidate for a Field Survey Technician at their Glasgow, KY location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Learning the instruments and skills of Land Surveying either through mentoring or education.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate, complete, and value-added work products by: completing and improving assigned portions of the document delivery process as directed.
- Performing the necessary research and analyses to deliver work accurately and completely checking work before it is reviewed by others.
- Performing minor survey computations.
- Ensure timely document delivery by: completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule and understanding individual activity schedules as it relates to overall project status.
- Completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule.
- Maintaining continuous, open communication with survey manager and other team members.
- Using available technology appropriately.
- Tracking time accurately.
- Ensures survey vehicle & survey supplies stay stocked and notifies appropriate personnel when supplies are low
- Ensures all survey equipment is loaded and unloaded on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills as would be expected of a high school graduate
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle a plus
- Willingness to work out of town during the week
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Entry-level to four years related experience required
- Ability to travel throughout Kentucky, Indiana, and elsewhere as needed
- Flexibility with work schedule, i.e. 4 days Mon-Thurs @ 10 hours with occasional Fridays/Sa as needed
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Routinely lift 25 pounds, but about once a week may be required to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments: i.e.: Construction Sites, Cityscapes, Mountains of Eastern KY or the Low Lands of Western KY and everything in-between.
- Other physical requirements – squatting, kneeling, climbing, walking certain distances.
Benefits and Perks
AEI offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- 401-k Retirement Plan
American Engineers Inc. is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of American Engineers Inc. to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
The AEI culture is not built upon a name. Our culture has been built on people by design. We put people first because they represent the face of AEI whether dealing with clients, teaming partners, the community, public officials, or community residents. Every day they reinforce the values that form the AEI culture.
AEI is looking for qualified surveyors to add strength and depth to our core team and accommodate our growing business.