Land Survey Party Chief Needed
Pape-Dawson Engineers, Inc.
apply through website
Overview: This position will work primarily in the field as a Party Chief of a one, two and/or three person field crew.
- Will accurately operate levels, GPS equipment, total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities and robotic total stations
- Perform mathematical calculations and checking of field data
- Take accurate and clear notes and perform note reduction
- Read and understand plans and specifications
- Know basic sources of measurement errors
- Know principles of monumentation, staking and marking
- High school education or equivalent is required including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in land surveying
- Experienced in the operation of surveying instruments and calculators
- Experience in boundary, topographic and construction staking
- Proficient in the use of total stations- preferably Leica Total Station, Lecia GPS (connected to Lecia SmartNet GPS network)
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads- equipment to job sites in all types of terrain and weather conditions
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work between the hours of 6 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Pape-Dawson Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.