Entry Level Land Surveyor needed in Portage, Michigan
Apply through link below
Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries. Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, location, elevation and/or dimension of land or land features. Surveyors work closely with other professionals in Wightman’s Architectural and Engineering departments.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify and assume liability for work performed
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles
- Record results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features
- Calculate heights depths, relative positions, property lines and other characteristics of terrain
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys
- Write descriptions of property boundaries for use in deeds or other legal documents
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed
- Adjust and service surveying equipment to ensure accuracy
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation
Required Skills & Behaviors:
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D (Carlson), and Microsoft Office
- Structural/Architectural drafting and detailing
- Good communication and writing skills
- Highly motivated and team oriented
Reports directly to Surveying Manager or Director
Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying
On track towards professional licensure
Professional license already obtained
10-25% local travel
Wightman is a full-service consulting ﬁrm that exists to serve people and the communities we live in. Our dynamic team of over 120 professionals works to analyze, advise, design, and deliver successful projects in partnership with governments, business, and institutions in our communities.
Our unique approach is to oﬀer comprehensive multi-disciplinary services, industry expertise, accurate scope of work, and a passion for listening.
Services offered include Architecture, Civil Engineering, Environmental and Surveying. Additional specialty services offered include Planning, GIS, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design. Our firm is located in Allegan, Benton Harbor and Kalamazoo, Michigan.