Entry-Level Field Survey Rodman needed in Tualatin, Oregon
AKS Engineering & Forestry, LLC
AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Field Survey Rodman for our Tualatin, Oregon office. This is an Entry-level position. You will work on a Survey Field Crew under the direction of a Crew Chief. This is an hourly paid position, eligible for overtime at 1 ½ times the regular hourly rate for hours worked beyond 40 hours in a work week.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn on-the-job with a respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Some experience in land surveying is preferred, but a background in forestry, wildland fire fighting, or farm-related work will be considered. If you have no experience in surveying, then AKS will provide training.
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year accredited program in engineering/forestry/surveying (preferred, not required)
- Capable of performing basic surveying/engineering computations and making good decisions
- Ability to follow direction, work quickly, and maintain high level of attention to detail
- Eager to learn
- Assumes personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Must have valid OR driver’s license and a clean driving record
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Survey Crew Chief
- Perform physically demanding work including packing heavy survey equipment, pounding hubs, and brush-cutting sight lines
- Learn AKS procedures for field work for boundary, construction staking, and site map/topography surveys
- Work up to 60 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and difficult terrain. Must be able to start work at 6:00 am and work overtime as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Operate Trimble Robotic total stations, GNSS Receivers, and TSC3 Data Collectors
- Occasionally travel out of town/overnight when needed
- Train in the operation of survey instruments, automated electronic data collection, calculators and GPS equipment
- Must be safety conscious.
- Adhere to AKS work flows, standards and
- Do what needs to be done
AKS is an infrastructure engineering firm that serves a combination of public and private clients specifically in the Northwest.
Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, arboriculture, natural resources, and forestry. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and over 20 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. Read about our services for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. We locate our offices to provide faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Our employees are treated as a valuable asset where everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation and benefits.
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.