Director of Geomatics needed in Arizona
WestLand has an exciting opportunity to run and manage the Geomatics sector. This position will be based out of our Tucson, AZ office, but will oversee all of WestLand’s locations! If you are a highly motivated and an experienced Land Surveyor, with client management, leadership, and business development experience, WestLand may be the perfect fit for you.
- Current RLS in the state of Arizona, or registered in another State with the ability to obtain an AZ license within nine (9) months.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in a geomatics related discipline (i.e. GIS, Land Survey, remote sensing, or a combination of any of these). A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geomatics or a related field is preferred.
- At least three (3) years experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Business development experience, to include a track record of obtaining new business.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with a range of diverse employees, clients and professional organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Department Leadership
- Resource Management
- Quality Control
- Business Development
- Department Budgeting
- Continuing Education
At WestLand, our purpose is to sustain a friendly, inspired company, where dedicated people work together to create exceptional outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.